There’s nothing like a vacation to recharge your batteries. We took a trip to New Orleans. I have always wanted to go but didn’t know what to expect.
- Delicious beniots
- An adventurous swamp tour searching for alligators and enjoying the beauty of the swamp. Love that Spanish moss!
- Delicious dinners of catfish, gumbo, lobster dumplings, biscuits and more. With sweet cocktails.
- An Easter parade where they threw beads to all the onlookers. A taste of Marie Gras!
- Street performers of all kinds – even writers for hire!
- A walk along the Mississippi, where we saw a paddle boat
- Visit to the WWII museum
- A walking tour of the cemetery and garden district
- A trolley ride
- The French quarter – Beautiful wrought iron balconies, flowers, gas lamps, exposed brick
- Brunch at the House of Blues
It was a great trip with the extended family!