There’s nothing like a vacation to recharge your batteries. We took a trip to New Orleans. I have always wanted to go but didn’t know what to expect.
- Delicious beniots
- An adventurous swamp tour searching for alligators and enjoying the beauty of the swamp. Love that Spanish moss!
- Delicious dinners of catfish, gumbo, lobster dumplings, biscuits and more. With sweet cocktails.
- An Easter parade where they threw beads to all the onlookers. A taste of Marie Gras!
- Street performers of all kinds – even writers for hire!
- A walk along the Mississippi, where we saw a paddle boat
- Visit to the WWII museum
- A walking tour of the cemetery and garden district
- A trolley ride
- The French quarter – Beautiful wrought iron balconies, flowers, gas lamps, exposed brick
- Brunch at the House of Blues
It was a great trip with the extended family!
5 thoughts on “A trip to New Orleans”
NOLA is one of my favorite places ever to visit – the FOOD – OMG! Did you eat at Mother’s Restaurant? Get a mufaletta at the Italian Grocer? Drink a Hurricane at Pat OBrien’s? There is so much beauty to see in the Garden District and French Quarter and – oh I could go on and on. Hubby and I are not late night partiers, but I still feel there is so so much to enjoy about NOLA! Bourbon Street is fun for us before 9pm – LOL! 🙂
I didn’t do any of those things! But a bunch of my family did make it to Pat O’Briens. And I had a Louisiana lemonade during the parade which was delicious. We had the younger kids in the group so we didn’t stay out late but I still felt there was plenty to enjoy and do! I’d love to go back.
Sounds wonderful! I’ve never been but hope to go one day, especially after reading your post 🙂
Yes definitely put it on your list!