It’s not surprising – considering my love for the beach – that my house has a beachy vibe. If you’d like to add a coastal feeling to your home here are some ideas:
- Use light neutral paint colors. My walls are off white and light gray. Moldings are white.
- Sand beneath your feet – but not literally. My area rugs are sand colored and textured.
- A view of the ocean. We all can’t have a priceless view, but we can make up for it by displaying a seascape. Order a print of Blue Wave #11 (displayed above) now by clicking here.
- Introduce pops of blues and greens. I have a turquoise coffee table, pillows, a lamp, and other accessories.
- Display your collections of shells, beach pebbles, and driftwood. Glass jars work great.
- Buy beachy accessories – a lighthouse, a crane, whale, whatever!
Prints of my watercolor beach paintings are now for sale at shop.eileenmckenna.com. Take a peek!
For links to Beachy DIY projects visit: