As I’ve been creating my daily holiday illustrations counting down to Christmas, I’ve been thinking about when I was a kid in the 70’s and 80’s. My recent illustration was of 11 year old me, and I had to add tinsel to the tree to make it historically accurate! I remember that year and how thrilled I was to open a 45 record of “Oh Mickey you’re so fine.” Times have changed!
I clearly remember many of my favorite gifts, and I looked on Amazon to see if any of them are still available. I loved these gifts when I was a kid!
- Perfection – this was one of my favorite games – rushing to put the pieces in place before the timer ran out and it popped!
- Lite Brite – I loved making glowing pictures by putting in the colored pegs
- Operation – a classic game! Can you remove the bone without a buzz?!
- Hungry Hungry Hippos – loud and fun
- Don’t Break the Ice – I loved carefully tapping the ice
- Latch Hook Craft Project – I loved creating these!
- Rainbow Suspenders – We loved rainbows back then – on everything!
- Ventriloquist Doll – I couldn’t wait to get this doll. I can admit I never really mastered it!
- Stuffed Monkey – I wanted a real one, but my mom said no.
- Doll Stroller – I wheeled that thing all over the house!
- Silver Shoelaces – I thought I was the coolest with these.
- Pottery Wheel – my brother gave it to me back then, and I recently gave one to his daughter!
This post contains affiliate links to products/brands I use and recommend.* I earn a small commission whenever you buy using these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
*Please note items 1-5 are the updated products of the ones I owned. Items 6-12 are gift ideas for items similar to the ones I owned. Please refer to Amazon customer reviews for each item before purchasing. Thank you. 🙂