I started a personal project that I’m calling “Finding Joy.” I wanted to look for and appreciate the little things in life and I wanted to get back to daily painting.
Since starting, I realized we have moments of joy during the day – “Wow that is pretty,” or “This is fun,” or “This tastes good.” But these moments can be fleeting. In painting them I’m extending the joy!
Finding Joy ~ Extending Joy
I started this project because I’m having skin cancer surgery on my cheek and I wanted to be in a place of positivity. It’s working!
Want to start your own Finding Joy project? It’s easy:
How to start your own “finding joy” Sketchbook project
- Grab a sketchbook. I’m using a Strathmore Mixed Media Art Journal.
- Look for and recognize a joyful moment each day.
- Enter the joyful moment in your sketchbook every day. Use any medium you want. I’m using Watercolor!
- Let me know if you decide to join in!
Interested in Watercolor?
Watercolor is such a great medium for your Finding Joy project. If you are new to watercolor sign up for my newsletter:
For weekly watercolor tips & Tricks sign up for my newsletter:
Posts for Watercolor Beginners
I have a lot of helpful blog posts for beginners to help them get started including:
- 6 Tips to Watercolor Success
- Painting Tips for Beginners
- Painting Ideas for Beginners
- Watercolor Supplies I use
a comprehensive introduction to watercolor:
This post contains affiliate links to products/brands I use and recommend. I earn a small commission whenever you buy using these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!