Yesterday, Country Living Magazine reposted my Instagram pic! In their April issue they asked readers to post “how and where” we enjoy Country Living. I shared the above picture of my sketchbook, where I created illustrations from the April issue.
Here is the back story, so you can fully understand why this is so awesome to me. 🙂
- Sometime after 2001 – Girl (new mom, me) from the suburbs of NYC falls in love with Country Living Magazine. She finds it creatively inspiring.
- 2014 – Girl starts mycreativeresolution.com and includes Country Living as one of her inspirations.
- Girl sees illustrations in Country Living and dreams about one day creating illustrations for the magazine.
- 2015 – Girl thinks about approaching Country Living with a sampling of “country” illustrations. She works towards this but doesn’t follow through.
- Girl reads April issue of Country Living and sees the call out to share on Instagram. She pulls out her watercolors.
- Girl posts picture of sketchbook with #mycountryliving.
- Country Living “likes” girl’s post. Girl goes crazy with excitement. Shares news with family.
- Country Living starts following Girl (@mycreativeresolution). Girl gets more excited. Shares news with family.
- Several uneventful days pass.
- Girl checks Instagram and sees numbers – next to the likes and follows – that don’t make sense. 44 likes? 23 new followers? Instagram must be broken.
- Girl realizes that Country Living Magazine reposted the sketchbook picture – thereby sending people to Girl’s Instagram. Girl passes out from excitement.
- Girl recovers and at the end of the day, realizes she has 43 new followers. 888 people liked her picture on Country Living Magazine’s Instagram!
Is this story over? I hope not. 🙂