This painting lesson is perfect for beginners. You’ll learn watercolor painting techniques as you follow the lesson and end up with a beautiful final painting!
Watercolor techniques used:
- Masking areas with tape
- Wet on wet painting
- Dry on dry
- Using salt
- Softening lines with water
- Adding details in ink
An easy introduction to watercolor that yields a beautiful final painting no matter what your skill level.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Watercolor paper. I used Arches 140 lb. cold pressed
- Painter’s tape
- Watercolor paint. Suggestions: purple, grey or black, blue
- Paintbrushes – round and flat
- Salt (table salt)
- Uniball signo gel pen
This beginner painting lesson is available in two formats:
- The video lesson explains and demonstrates each step of the painting process. Easy to follow!
- The printable pdf – is a step by step tutorial with photos. Convenient and inexpensive!
In the video painting lesson:
- Learn several watercolor techniques
- 10 step, easy to follow 17 minute video lesson
- Listen and/or read the easy to follow instructions, watch a video demonstrations of each step
- Great for watercolor beginners
Sign up for my newsletter for weekly watercolor tips:
For more beginner painting lessons visit my website eileenmckenna.com/shop
This post contains affiliate links to products/brands I use and recommend. I earn a small commission whenever you buy using these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!