Here’s what I’ve learned:
- Too much coffee makes my hand and my letters shaky
- Light touch – thin line, more pressure – thicker line. I learned this from watching this video.
- Painting downward is easier than upward
- The brush needs to be wet enough. I re-dip before each letter.
- Paint in sure strokes. I wish I could remember where I got this tip from. It is so true. When I hesitate it shows.
I practiced the alphabet below from the book, “Hand Lettering for crafts” by Sandra Salamony. The book was helpful because it showed what part of the letter to paint first and what direction to paint each part in.