At the 6 month mark of My Creative Resolution I wrote a post entitled “What I’ve learned about art (and myself).” As I sat down to write this, I reread that post, and I realized a lot of those items are still the important things I’ve learned this year. But I do have a few items to add. Those “6 month” items were mostly about art. The items I am writing now, are what I’ve learned about myself.
- I love working square
- I love adding ink. This is so surprising to me! I used to think adding all those lines seems so tedious, but I’ve found – you get into a zone.
- Watercolor portraits – soften the edges so the skin doesn’t look blotchy.
- I love being creative. I love having a project in the works, or ideas for new projects, or both!
- I’m affected by the seasons. I can’t help being inspired by what is around me, whether it’s Spring flowers, Fall leaves, Winter’s evergreen trees, or a day at the beach.
- I like being spontaneous and working on what inspires me in the moment. I found my weekly checklist to be too much after a while.
- In the past I was frustrated with wanting to develop a style. Now, I’m embracing the journey. I’m in no rush, and I’m having fun doing it.
- I’m no closer to selling and I’m not sure selling is for me. I don’t want to be filling orders or creating sellable things. I want to create what I’m inspired to create.
- I love blogging – see more below.
What I love about blogging:
- It motivates me to create.
- I love working on new projects. Each new idea sparks more and more ideas.
- I enjoy writing.
- I like thinking about my process – what worked, what didn’t, what was a happy accident, or a mistake to learn from.
- I love the community and feedback.
- I’m inspired by and learn from other bloggers and I am honored when someone says I do that for them.
I am bursting at the seams with ideas for making My Creative Resolution better, for me and you, in 2015. I hope you’ll join me as my creative journey continues. 🙂