St. Patrick’s Day Watercolor Painting Lesson for Beginners
This Irish Landscape with Sheep is a fun and easy painting for beginners – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Watercolor Techniques you’ll learn:
- Taping your paper
- Painting a fade
- Using crayon to mask areas
- Adding details with a dry brush
Supplies you’ll need:
- Painter’s Tape
- Watercolor Paper – I use 9 x 12 Fluid Block. I trim to 9 x 11″ before painting.
- Cardboard larger than your paper
- Watercolor Paint – green, blue, tan and black
- Container of water
- Paper towel
- Medium sized round brush (#10 or #8) and a thinner brush (#1)
- White crayon
Please like the video and subscribe for more painting videos!
Dive deeper into watercolor with the “Fields of Green” painting tutorial
This Fields of Green Tutorial is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day painting project for beginners! Learn more here.
For more watercolor tips sign up for my weekly newsletter:
Ready to get started in watercolor?
Try my “Beginner Watercolor Exploration Guide” where I walk you through the fundamentals of watercolor with exercises and projects. Learn by doing. Discover a love of watercolor today –> Learn more here!
This post contains affiliate links to products/brands I use and recommend. I earn a small commission whenever you buy using these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!