I spent the morning drinking coffee and catching up with all of your blogs. It was a busy week and I was a bit behind. On Wednesday I went to Daily Show, with Jon Stewart, in NYC which was a real treat. On my walk from the subway, I snapped a few shots that I’d like to sketch.
But enough about me, back to this morning! As I scrolled through my WP reader, I was amazed with all the stuff I saw, learned, and was inspired by – all from the comfort of my bed. (I could lie and say the couch, but I’m being honest here.)
Since I had several days of posts to catch up on, it really hit me how incredible it is – all this stuff we share with each other, give each other access to. I get as much, if not more, from following all of you, and experiencing your blogs, than I do from creating my own blog. So, thank you!
Here are some blog highlights.
- Artwork. I love seeing what everyone is working on – whether it is a similar medium to my own or something totally different. I love it. Check out The Sketchbook, Shari Blaukopf is so talented – those puddles are amazing! Createarteveryday is working in collage. I’d add that to my list…but my list is getting really long!
- Photos. I love seeing pictures from all over – Margie, Late Bloomer Buds, sharing pictures of Lake Michigan, Nature has no boss sharing Yellowstone National Park, and the Russian artist.
- Books. I’m adding to my list, “How to be Creative.” Thanks decorartuk!
- Videos. Andrew Nixon’s Photo Blog shared Miss Aniela’s work process (photography and Photoshop). It is very cool. And this interview with Children’s author Roald Dahl that Oreos&spiltmilk shared was awesome. Dahl said “Keep your bottom on the chair” when talking about being stuck. I can relate, when I think of the ugly phase with watercolor!
- Personal stories. May 13th‘s personal story, told through poetry is so moving.
- Materials. Brad Young Art used tea in his painting. I’ve always wondered if that would work. Awesome!
- Writing/Collaboration. Alisa, Sweet Afternoons, is adding words to her amazing illustrations! She is calling for collaboration. What a great idea! I’m excited because her illustrations have so much character, you want to know the story!
- Healthy Eating, Fashion, and more. I can’t wait to go out and buy soba noodles after this post from A Style Study.
- Apps. I loved Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday‘s illustration created with “Procreate” for the ipad. I can’t wait to download the app and try it.
- Tools. dkatiepowellart reblogged Citizen Sketcher’s post about picking one brush if you were on a desert island. Thank you Katie for introducing me to Citizen Sketcher‘s blog!
- Technique. Sandsaltmoon‘s jellybean post reminded me how leaving some whites is so important. I don’t do this enough!
- Places to visit. K. Ryan Henisey posted about the Center for Contemporary Printmaking. I was surprised to see it’s in nearby Connecticut. Hmmm. Time for a roadtrip?
I couldn’t believe how motivated and inspired I felt this morning. And I hadn’t even gotten out of bed!
17 thoughts on “17 blogs that enriched my Sunday morning.”
Thanks for mentioning me! Woo, this is a great list….and I don’t know all of them, so I’ll be checking them out! Thanks for another terrific post! 😀
Your welcome! And thank you. I hope you enjoy them 🙂
I definitely will! 😀
I’m bookmarking your post and going to visit these blogs, if I haven’t already – you’ve inspired me with this wonderful information. You are so right, it’s a fabulous community here – and I’m a newbie, so honored to be mentioned in your list here. Have a great day. Nice shot and cool re: the TV show.
PS This is for you: Please look at these photos; I think you’d love them (I did): https://wordpress.com/read/post/id/26928730/3955/
Thank you for the link! 🙂
Enjoyed visiting the blogs I had not known, and i decided to visit SandSaltMoon! Thanks for mentioning me — when I am busy with work I tend to send people to other great pages!
Thanks for the link up dearest. Glad we inspire each other! Love Jon Stewart. Bet that was a blast. Although, I know there is a lot of waiting around when you attend these shows, no matter whose they are. Now get the hell out of bed and start painting woman! Enough lallygagging around. (-;
I got up… and moved to the couch. 🙂
LOL, good job!
Oh, you should definitely go! It’s one of my favorite places in the US now!!!
What a fabulous way to start the day, and a huge thanks to you for the shout out, Eileen! That was so very awesome of you! I’m really digging the pajama coffee vibe in this post too. Makes me want to never get out of bed this morning and keep clicking on these artists. Thanks for sharing your inspirations from the day!
You are welcome! You deserve a shout out. You are so very talented. Looking forward to seeing how your project unfolds. 🙂
Thank you for adding my blog to your lovely list. I’m really honoured! Will have to find time for visiting other inspiring people you have mentioned – feels good to be a part of this nice community. K.
You’re welcome! It is such a nice community. I’ve gotten so much out of it. 🙂
Thank you so very much for including my poem! Thank you thank you!
You are very welcome! 🙂