Memorial Day, the unofficial start of Summer! As I figure out what my kids will do to keep busy this Summer, I realize I need a Summer project too! And it comes at a good time for me. I could use a jolt of motivation. As I look back on all the things I wanted to try in 2015, I’m proud to say I’ve tackled most of these items.
My list for 2015:
- Lettering. Did online workshop
- Online workshops. See lettering above.
- Painting on dark paper. Used with lino.
- Doodling. Have filled a whole sketchbook in the shortest time to date!
- Video. Have done short ones on Instagram. But, still on my list! Would like to play more with stop motion.
- Patterns. Have created one a month.
- Maps. Haven’t done much with this.
- Digital Brushes. Have been working digitally.
- Watercolor Parties. Have painted with friends.
Some were great to try, like lino, but another craft to learn – which takes time! Other items on my list, like patterns – I’m even more into, than when I started the year. I feel like this is progress. That I can try new things, eliminate some, and decide to pursue others further.
Last year my Summer project was drawing figures. Last Summer I created my first watercolor/ink piece – in the style that I feel like is me. Let’s see what this Summer brings!
3 thoughts on “Thinking of a Summer Project”
Happy Memorial Day weekend. And what a great list of things you’ve tried and accomplishments. Will look forward to see what’s next on your list …
Thanks. Enjoy your weekend too!
I love that 2015 has brought you still so much excitement and creativity and you keep growing and searching for that special thing to call your own. Such a festive watercolor! Happy Memorial Day weekend to you! Hope you get to enjoy the beach.