I can’t wait for 2015! (my creative resolution.2) There are so many things I am excited to try! The above image is the Christmas present I bought myself (see item #1).
Things I want to try in 2015:
- Linocut. It seems like a lot of work but the results are awesome! I am inspired by Andrea Lauren who I follow on Instagram (@inkprintrepeat). Check out her nutcracker – amazing!
- Lettering (“modern calligraphy”). I’d like to continue practicing my lettering. I follow @illustrationbyj on Instagram. She recommended Tombow markers which are awesome!
- Online workshops. There is so many resources online and I’d like to take advantage of them. I’m thinking about this workshop on modern calligraphy.
- Painting on dark paper. I love this look and I want to try it – check out my pinterest board to see!
- Doodling, especially flowers and wreaths. I’m so inspired by @kristinnohe on Instagram. She fills her journals with beautiful doodles.
- Video! I love seeing the progression of a project, which is why I often show my steps. I’d love to show you this in video form.
- Patterns. I’ve wanted to try this for awhile. I am inspired by glizadesign.com.
- Maps. I’d love to create a whimsical map. I love Linzie Hunter’s style.
- Digital Brushes. I am a Graphic Designer and don’t often like to mix my art with my computer work, but maybe it’s time?! There is so much cool stuff you can do.
- Watercolor Parties. Friends, watercolor, a glass of wine – what could be more fun?!
What new thing are you excited to try this year?
17 thoughts on “10 things I want to try in 2015 and links to those who inspire me!”
Well, it sounds like a good plan my dear. I just want to sit my butt down daily and paint with watercolors. I haven’t been good about that for a good month or better. Need routines back. After the first. Will enjoy checking out the links that have inspired you. Happy New Year to you and yours Eileen!
Thanks, I too can’t wait to get back into a routine and not have Christmas shopping to do – to have free time to just paint! Happy New Year!
P.S. YOU inspire me!
Awww, thank you!
While I was in college we did lino cut portraits. It was super confusing because you had to cut out the opposite of what you wanted the final piece to be. But it was loads of fun. Actually I might go buy some lino to do more prints cause its really cheap.
Looking forward to seeing what you do. I’m trying to figure out what my first one will be. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
So Inspiring! These are great goals, and I look forward to seeing your creations. Also makes me want to pull out my linocut tools once again…
Thanks! I keep putting off the linocut, but your comment is making me think, “tomorrow will be the day!” If you pull them out – I’d love to see!